A Software Engineer.
I am Siavash Ganji and I work at Divar the largest platform for direct purchase and sale of goods in Iran with 55 million users. I’ve mostly worked professionally with Python. In my spare time I enjoy escaping from escape rooms with my friends. I enjoy handling a lot of requests and response them quickly.
GPA: 18.66 out of 20 (4 out of 4)
Thesis Title: Automated generation of commit messages in code repositories
- Semantic Web 20/20
- Software Testing 19.2/20
- Software Requirement 19/20
- Formal Specification of programs 18.8/20
- Software Evolution 18/20
Last 2 years GPA: 3.4 out of 4
Advisor: Prof. Ali Katanforoushi
Project Title: AI/NLP Bot Template for Gomanesh Contest
- Database Design and Analysis 20/20
- Design Compilers 20/20
- Datamining 19/20
- Linear Algebra 19/20
- Cryptography 18/20
- Artificial Intelligence 18.5/20
Advanced Topics in Python (2020)
Python has become one of the most popular programming languages due to its simplicity and flexibility and is used in many fields, including data science, artificial intelligence, and web service development. Many developers do not know all the features of this language or do not use it properly. In this book, you will learn how to use Python language features correctly. This book examines different versions of Python, common mistakes, and idioms to turn you into a professional programmer. This book also describes functional programming, logging, testing, and package publishing as well.
Published by Dibagaran Tehran, Selected as the top university publisher in 28th Tehran International Book Fair.
AWARDS & HONORS
- Teaching Assistant, Data Science For Software Engineering (Graduate Course)
Sharif University of Science and Technology (2020)
- Teaching Assistant, Database Design and Analysis (Undergraduate Course)
Sharif University of Science and Technology (2019)
- Teaching Python Programming Language
Online class at cafetadris. – (2018)
- Teaching Assistant, Advanced Programming (Undergraduate Course)
Shahid Beheshty University – (2017)
- Our team handles nearly 7,000 requests per second, ensuring a smooth and responsive experience for our users
- Provided a new design for the Image system to handle about 2 Million images per day that reduced object storage size by half, resulting in savings of approximately 30TB.
- Led a team of 2 Senior, 2 Mid Level and 2 Junior developers responsible for developing, testing, and maintaining our search and image services.
- Improved the service's availability and reliability to 99.99%.
- Optimized the performance of the service, resulting in a 40% reduction in response time.
As a member of the infrastructure team, my responsibilities included:
- Managing Kubernetes clusters to connect microservices in a GRPC ecosystem and ensuring high database uptime.
- Managing backups of the entire system and ensuring the backup process's healthiness.
- Deploying and ensuring reliable and scalable error tracking tool Sentry on Kubernetes cluster.
- Setting up GitLab repository and Runner for build automation and creating a cleaner for runners' servers.
- Creating a system with complex logic to generate widget base pages for UI/UX developers and clients to test widgets easily.
- Maintaining our monitoring system, which contains Prometheus, Thanos, and Grafana.
- Writing ansible and helm charts to reduce time to redeploy and change data centers.
Developing Backend and Designing Database Schema for Sina Hospital Information System.
Technologies: Python, Django, Celery, Redis, Graphene, NginX, PostgreSQL, Docker, GraphQL
Jomlex is an Iranian social networking service.
● Created a highly-scalable social media platform, capable of handling a large volume of users and content.
● Designed and implemented key features of the platform, including user profiles, real-time updates, and content sharing.
● Actively monitored platform performance and user feedback, iterating on the design and functionality to improve engagement and retention.
● Successfully launched the platform, building significant traction and user base (about 20k active users).
Optimizing and converting old Clarity system into RESTful webservice which
MCI (Hamrah Aval, The biggest Iranian telecommunications company) uses it as OSS.
Technologies: JavaEE, Oracle DB, Spring, GWT, RabbitMQ, Hadoop, HBase Angular, Kafka
Crux is a captivating puzzle game available on Android that challenges players through 30+ levels of mind-bending gameplay. Each level…
The Synema platform allows users to watch movies synchronously and chat with each other while watching.
Bigir is an easy-to-use Upload center that accepts all formats and can store files up to 50 megabytes.
This is a light-weight and smooth HDFS (Hadoop File Manager System) Written in Python and Django. It has some essential…
Subfix is a telegram bot can fix encoding problem in subtitle file. It accepts Srt and Zip file.
World of Words 504 is a telegram bot that help you to learn new words in 504 essential word. it…
Escape Room Team Leader
I like to manage a group of people to escape from escape rooms. I believe the escape room is a team-building activity and helps me to boost my skills in project management, communication, and problem-solving.